donderdag 10 mei 2012

Amsterdam


As I wrote yesterday I discovered a lot of nice places. Last Tuesday I was doing the make-up for a photoshoot in Amsterdam (photo's will follow) with photography-student Noustha Koeckhoven.
I always love to be in Amsterdam. I like the vibe, I like it that there are a zillion different kinds of people there, and I like all the different spots there are waiting for me to discover them (while these spots are probably old news for people living in Amsterdam).

First I want to advertise for 'OV-fiets'. This is a bike that you can 'rent' on many train stations throughout the Netherlands. I took a subscription for the OV-fiets a while ago, and this was the first time I used it. This subscription costs €10 per year, and for taking a bike you pay €3 for 24 hours. A good deal I would say! It makes me feel free to cycle around another city, no figuring out how the public transport works and waiting for trams/busses/metros to arrive. Just go wherever I want to go!


I cycled through the Haarlemmerstraat to the 'Fotoacademie', where I had to be for the shoot. The Haarlemmerstraat looked great, I saw many cool shops and places that seemed good for lunch.


After the shoot I wanted to do some shopping for both my make-up business as for Quiero!
First I went to Backstage on the Rozengracht, a shop for professional make-up and theater materials. This was walhalla! Also when you're not a make-up artist, this shop is great to have a look!


On the Rozengracht there was also Coppenhagen, a bead store. Many kinds of beads assorted by color and material in glass jars on the shelves. I could spend hours here!


Another cool store on the Rozengracht is Kitsch Kitschen. This is an awesome brand with all kinds of bright colored stuff, you name it, they have it! See the pictures below to get an idea.



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten